CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My Tunes

div style="text-align: center; margin-left: auto; visibility:visible; margin-right: auto; width:450px;">

1.08.2009

Back in the Rex!

Well its that time of year again...the beginning! I had an awesome trip home for the Christmas time. It was a quiet year this year as I was the only kid able to make it home because all my sibs were with their spouses families. =( But us in Salinas (me, mom, dad, nana, papa, and uncle bob) had a fun and quick Christmas day as we were done with presents in ten minutes and watched movies for the rest of the day! But it was still great to know that mom still decorates the same...from the lights to the nativity (that i will always ALWAYS be scared that i will accidentally break someday) to the stockings...I GOT ONE!! For Christmas my parents took a picture that I painted on my mission that I had completely forgotten about and framed and matted it. It was a complete surprise...which make the best presents ever. Thanks mom and dad!

Well I'm back in Rexburg in the land of the snow and ice. Lots and lots of snow and ice. More than last year in fact. And my winter is now complete now that I have slipped and fallen one time so far. It was seriously an incredible fall...actually it more like flying...actually, I believe Buzz Lightyear put it best when he said, "This isn't flying! This is falling...with style!"

But it felt more like the Paper Boy in While You Were Sleeping:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a great video to describe how much I love living in the snow. Check it out on my blog: http://the-eastons.blogspot.com/2008/12/winter-sucks.html
Miss You! I'm glad to hear you're suffering through the winter too...

robin said...

man, i fell so badly once (winter of 2000) and i never did after that. i never put my foot down again unless i was certain that i wasn't going to fall.
seriously, it just took that one time.

man, i missed you guys for christmas. to next year!

James Shipley said...

I'm sure I fell too. But unlike Robin, I don't remember it with great detail, including what I was wearing.

I think I fell ofen.

Give us a call to catch up.

Anna said...

hahaha that makes me laugh...

put up a picture of your framed painting!

I seriously, seriously miss the snow. Bad. Like, I wanna sit outside in -17 and just feel my boogers freeze.

How To Make Friends